Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Spahr Family Christmas

We had a great, enjoyable and relaxed family Christmas at home this year. Heading to Rosalie's mom's house tomorrow to spend Christmas in Wisconsin for a bit. It was nice to be able to get up and enjoy our traditional monkey bread for breakfast and grilled out steaks for dinner. That's a tradition my family started the tradition when I was growing up in Florida. Up here it's a bit chillier grilling out in December!

The boys got some Wii games and the family got the Wii version of Dance Dance Revolution (good thing I'm not Baptist anymore!). Wow - what a workout! I'll be shedding the pounds by playing that game, let me tell you.

It's been a great time to reflect on the blessings of the past year. It's definitely been one of the most eventful, exciting years of my life and it's been awesome to see how God works out everything for His glory! We have a great family, a wonderful new house, a tremendous church family, incredible staff and leadership at church, and we love every minute of serving at Journey North.

Thanks to all who have shared and blessed us during the launch process and throughout the holiday season. We love the goodies (and thanks for not bringing us fruitcake!), but most of all we just love the people!

I can't wait to see God continue to work in the year(s) to come. It just keeps getting better and better!