Thursday, June 2, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: Creme Brulee Coffee-Mate Creamer


This post may turn out to be a recommendation or a requiem - time will tell.

When I first started drinking coffee it was in college. I tried it mixed with some milk and honey because I had read in a Star Trek novel that this was the way Jim Kirk learned to drink coffee as a boy. It was pretty good and I soon learned to enjoy coffee, but always with cream and sweetener of some sort.

Fast forward a few years to 1989 when Nestle introduced Coffee-Mate flavored liquid non-dairy creamer. International Delights launched a version a couple of years earlier, but I would argue that Coffee-Mate perfected it. To this day I will only rarely use International Delights as most of their flavors leave a bit of an unpleasant aftertaste. The same goes for most other brands.

Over the years I have enjoyed most all of their flavors, especially Toffee Nut (since discontinued) and Creme Brulee. A few years ago Walmart stopped carrying the Creme Brulee flavor and I've had to stock up in the Twin Cities, buying 6 to 8 large containers at a time and enjoying them over the weeks. Recently, however, the locations that have reliably carried this flavor have come up empty. They are still on the shelf tags, but no product. 

I'm afraid that it may be discontinued soon, however it still is listed on the Coffee-Mate web site, so I hope it's just a supply chain issue that will be resolved soon. Otherwise I may have to begin experimenting with online recipes for this flavor.

So if you happen to come across the Creme Brulee flavor, let me recommend you try it. And if you do, please let me know so I can go stock up again!

No comments: