Monday, May 12, 2008

Bad News, Bad News, Good News!

I had a bit of a ministry-related scare the last couple of days. Here's the breakdown:
  • Bad News - Over the weekend I was told we weren't going to be able to use the facilities at the elementary school over the summer for our midweek program: 7
  • More Bad News - I checked with the Pine City Armory to see if we could use their facilities. Nope.
  • Good News - I did a little more legwork (and a lot of kneework, if you know what I mean) and was able to negotiate back for the elementary school! Yay! 7 will now be able to continue.
I was really discouraged after the first two news items as we are really developing a great group and I am excited what is happening on Wednesday nights. We're seeing new students show up frequently and I was concerned that having to take a break or change format for the summer would kill our momentum. I gave it to God and He turned it around. I should have known - it's His youth ministry and He will provide. Just have to keep trusting! Good reminder for me.