Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Fair Time Was Had By All

My last official Frontline event yesterday was our ministry appreciation trip to the Minnesota State Fair. Our group had a great time together but were exhausted by early afternoon with all of the walking! Lots of great food (fried cheese curds, chocolate chip cookies, strawberries and cream, corn dogs, fried Milky Way bar on a stick, all you can drink milk for $1, etc.!) as well as great fellowship together. Plus we got to see former senator and possible future president Fred Thompson ("I'm With Fred!") and see Princess Kay of the Milky Way being carved in butter! How cool is that!

I was also on the WCCO channel 4 noon newscast in the background of the crowd. (Okay, we had to freeze frame and advance at 1/15 speed to see me, but still...) We didn't end up riding any rides (they're expensive and I'm cheap!) but had a blast just hanging out together, eating, and seeing the fair.