Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Can I Have Your Attention, Please?

[Note: I'm going to be ramping back up my blog posts (that's the plan, anyway). Some or most of what I am posting here in the next few weeks I will also be posting on our church Facebook page, however I'm acutely aware of how toxic Facebook can be and for those who (wisely) decide to take a break from Facebook, this will be a different way of accessing that same content. (Plus you may find some other interesting and/or helpful posts here!)]

To our church family and friends,

As we begin a season where our regular routines have been disrupted I wonder if this may be the time that God wants to use in our lives. I am reminded of CS Lewis' famous line from The Problem of Pain where he writes: "“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

We find ourselves faced with a time where it is going to be difficult to distract ourselves with busyness or numb ourselves with entertainment. For many of us, our schedules have been cleared and we find ourselves with time on our hands. What are we going to do with that time?

I pray we would use the next several weeks as an opportunity to grow with God in ways we might never be able to during the busy, hurried routines of our everyday life.

What might that look like for you? What are some practical ways we can leverage this time to take the next step in our walk with Jesus?

I'd love to hear your ideas. Join the conversation by commenting below.

As always, praying for you and rejoicing in Him!

Pastor Rob

No comments: