Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a Sunshine Day!

You may already have heard via my Facebook page or the rela-net (relative network), but our house has sold and we will soon be moving to Florida. We're still waiting to lock down details on exactly when we'll be moving - depending on our closing date here and when we can find housing and employment in the Sunshine State - but we'll be back in my hometown of Bradenton by the end of May.

I never thought I would want to move back to Florida, but over the past year or so that has really changed. We were talking with a church in Bradenton recently about a youth ministry position and our whole family was very excited about the prospect. We decided that even if that opportunity did not work out, we all still really wanted to be in Bradenton near my Dad and the rest of my family and many friends who still live there. It'll be a great chance for Jordan and Jonah to get to spend more time with their grandparents on my side of the family whom they have only been able to see once a year or so until now. It may mean that I will be out of vocational ministry for a season, but we really feel like God is leading in this direction. I'll still be actively involved in a local church and be able to volunteer with the youth ministry wherever we end up attending.

Another attraction of living in Florida for us is the great weather. We are all very tired of the snow and cold - it seems like this winter has been worse than most. None of us are into winter sports (other than the occasional broomball game) but we love the water and swimming which we only had the chance to enjoy twice last year. I've lived in the Midwest for over twenty years now and am ready to warm back up!

We'll keep all our friends and family posted with our new address once we know what it will be. Our e-mails will remain the same so you can keep in touch that way, via my blog here, or through Facebook. Plus we'll look forward to having many of you visit and stay with us on vacation! (You can spring for Disney World.)

No comments: