Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sr Hi Small Group Recap - Last Tuesday

(I had this post ready to go on Tuesday but never got it posted. So here it is a little late. The title would have been appropriate had I posted it as scheduled, but now it is ironic...)

"Today"

We had our second senior high small group this morning - yes they decided that they liked meeting in the mornings rather than the afternoons (I think Rosalie’s semi-homemade cinnamon rolls helped seal the deal today!) We had a great time sharing together and discussing how we need to celebrate and honor the past but not live in it.

We used Rob Bell’s Nooma video Today as jumping off point for the discussion. It was a great video but not as applicable to this age group as it would have been to an older group. Most of our students aren’t too caught up in living in the past. We modified the discussion a bit to talk about living each day for what God brings rather than living in the future (“when I get a car, when I graduate, when I have a job” etc.).

All in all another great time sharing and growing together.