Friday, February 25, 2022

Rob's Recommendations: The Working Genius

I'm a big fan of Patrick Lencioni's writing and speaking. I first heard him speak years ago at a Global Leadership Summit at Willow Creek. After that I sought out his books which are very well-known in the business world. Some of his most popular are The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Death by Meeting, The Three Signs of a Miserable Job (which I believe was reissued with the title The Truth About Employee Engagement), and many more. They are all told as a business parable with the model presented detailed at the end. All easy reads and extremely helpful. 

Pat is the lead and founder of The Table Group which does consulting around organizational health and leadership. He has a wonderful podcast called "At The Table" that I listen to regularly.

In the last couple of years they have developed a tool called The Working Genius which helps people figure out the way they are wired to work. They have identified six "geniuses" and recognize that people are strong in two areas, competent in two, and the last two are "working frustrations". I'm not going to go into detail here, other than to say I have found it to be extremely helpful. I know they are working on a book about this, but in the meantime I'd recommend The Working Genius Podcast as a great place to start learning about this model.

No comments: