Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Busy Weekend

A good friend e-mailed today to ask for an update on Jonah. I was reminded that not everyone who reads my blog also has a Facebook account and keeps up with my personal family stuff. That tends to be the place where I micro-blog about just brief personal items while using this blog for longer, deeper insights, observations and updates.

Nevertheless, here is the update: Jonah is doing well and should have his stitches out on Friday. He came down with the stomach flu on Saturday, followed by Rosalie with a milder but longer-lasting version the next day. Jordan was afflicted, as well, and both boys spent the day at home Monday, but are back to school today. Rosalie is doing better, as well, and I somehow seem to have dodged the bullet this time. So far. I hope.

One other highlight of this past week was Jordan's first speech meet. He is in the Great Speeches category and delivers Robert F. Kennedy's speech in Indianapolis following Martin Luther King's assassination. Part of the speech has to be Jordan's own researched commentary. He did an excellent job - in spite of some nervousness - and received an A- from both judges (he had to devlier it at two different times). I'm very proud - as always. Congratulations, Jordan!

No comments: